Reiki Health Benefits
There are a long list of health benefits attributed to Reiki healing – most of which have been substantiated by clinical studies and scientific research. The health benefits of Reiki range from pain relief to stress relief and everything in between.
We have put together a short list of health benefits that you can expect from Reiki sessions. Although this is not a comprehensive list by any means, here are 10 health benefits of Reiki that are the most commonly discussed.
- Stress Reduction – No matter what reasons you have for taking advantage of the health benefits of Reiki healing, stress reduction is always present. The Reiki practitioner utilizes life force energy to bring balance to your mind and body, and by doing so allows you to reach a more comfortable and natural state. Lowered stress levels also lead to additional health benefits.
- Inner Peace – Another important Reiki health benefit comes from balancing the energy flow between your chakras and beyond. When your energy is flowing freely, and when the negative energies are expelled, spiritual growth and wisdom become much easier to attain.
- Balance the Mind – Energy work also helps balance the mind. Through Reiki treatments most people report having better coping skills, a more peaceful state of being and clearer thoughts. A balanced mind can help solve a lot of issues, such as problems with professional life, relationships, and past emotional scarring. A balanced mind also makes it easier to learn, be happy, and see the world completely.
- Depression – Studies have also shown that regular Reiki treatments can help relieve depression by enhancing a sense of self care. Not only does balanced energy flow within the body and mind and reduced stress have a positive effect on depression but improved connection to the Reiki life force energy reduces anxiety by clearing negative energies.
- Chronic Pain – Reiki is often practiced in hospitals and clinics for pain relief. It is commonly used in conjunction with other treatment methods for more serious conditions, but alone has shown to be as effective as physiotherapy for pain relief.
- Symptoms and Conditions – Reiki can also help with symptoms related to a variety of conditions. Chronic headaches and migraines, arthritis, tension, and asthma, to name but a few. As Reiki enrgy can target underlying issues that cause these types of symptoms, many find that they begin to disappear quite quickly after starting a set of Reiki sessions.
- Fatigue – Fatigue is yet another problem that many people find relief for with Reiki. While there are many reasons that fatigue can set in, one of the primary causes is that the body is working too hard to process or heal something. Reiki can help find and improve these conditions which leads to more energy overall.
- Enhances Quality of Life – For many, solutions to specific health problems is not the reason for pursuing Reiki treatments. Since there are so many positive health benefits that come from Reiki, including better mood, better outlook on life, more energy, less pain, and more, an overall improvement of a person’s quality of life is sometimes the best reason.
- Cancer – Reiki is used to augment cancer treatments in many hospitals and clinics across the country. Reiki healing energy plays an important role in reducing symptoms from chemo-therapy and other medications involved with a cancer treatment. Reiki treatments can also help with coping and stress levels which has a positive effect on the body and the mind.
- Heart Disease – Reiki has been shown to help heart attack patients in many studies. Heart rate variability (HRV) has seen significant slowing thanks to Reiki sessions conducted in the days following a heart attack. Reiki also plays a role in helping heart patients feel more relaxed and confident before undergoing treatments for heart health.